Octave Monochord with 60 strings
The Double Sided - Meditation - Soundbath
- Wood: frame - cherry, soundboard - ash
- Monochord with 30 overtone strings in c and 30 bass strings in C
- Size: 134 x 30 x 10 cm
- Accessories: Incl. feet, propeller and matching handles, tuning key, tuner, replacement strings
- Biologically treated with hard wax oil
- Made in Germany
- Matching bags and mallets seperately available
- worldwide courses and training
more info ...
Two octaves of harmony, standing instrument, balanced movement, a sound bath in itself. Invites to voice and chant.
The full sound of the large Monochord carries for a long time and touches through its rich overtones of the two types of strings, the plain and the wound bass strings. Thus the sound has a centering and balancing effect when played upright, and when played horizontally the upper type of string sounds dominant and complemented by the other, lower type of string.
The double sided Octave Monochord MO-60O is mainly designed for playing in a vertical position, the high harmonics on one side, the bass strings on the opposite side. In this position the instrument is also very space-saving and a beauty in the living room. Of course, the MO-60O can also be played lying down, the distance to the floor is large enough for the hand to operate the lower level of the strings as well.
The spherical and restrained sound of the overtones is perfectly suited for all kinds of singing. The Octave Monochord challenges the voice to tune into the ocean of sounds and to come into harmony.
- Learn a basic tool to play lightness and a variety of sound colours on our instruments and to express yourself intuitively.
- Learn to incorporate the elements of nature, create specific moods, stimulate the flow of energy and the emotional body and hold a meditative space for clients and listeners.
- All these techniques can be used in sound massage and group meditation, for sound and voice work or to support a variety of applications from acupuncture to music therapy.
Please use good speakers or headphones when listening to the videos! The normal, simple speakers in laptops and mobile phones are not designed for the low and natural frequencies.