The elegance of the Singing Chair
- Monochord tuning with 18 overtone strings in d and 22 bass strings in D
- Material: birch
- Easy assembly, small transport volume
- Overall dimensions: set up 72 x 66 x 126 cm (packed 133 x 63 x 20 cm)
- Weight: 25 kg
- Weight limit: up to 150 kg
- Accessories: Incl. tuning key, tuner, replacement strings and hygrometer
- Matching Table and wheels for monchair can be ordered separately
- worldwide courses and training
- 6 upholstery colours individually selectable:
- Microfibre cover in red (standard colour) and beige/brown
- Imitation leather (washable, disinfectable) in white, black, blue and green
- Ergonomically shaped seat and backrest
- Height adjustable neck support
- Easy and intuitive to play
- No overstimulation by rocking or swaying
- Biologically treated with hard wax oil
- Made in Germany
Monochord tuning: 30 overtone strings, 30 bass strings
more info ...
Monchair invites you to enjoy and relax with its sound. A pleasantly vibrating sound carpet entices you to stop time and "listen up". Only 5 minutes are enough for calmness to return, thoughts to run out, breathing and heart rate to regulate. Relaxation happens on all levels in a light, almost playful way. Sounds gently touch and vibrations massage, vitalize and promote a presence that we so often long for.
If monchair is played for a longer time, the sound easily leads to meditative states for both player and played. The body becomes a resonance chamber and is perceived more consciously.
Monchair becomes interesting in therapeutic and pedagogical use. The advantages of the monochrome sounds with their opening, consciousness-raising and integrating principle not only support their work, but also stimulate the self-healing powers.
Finest feeltone craftsmanship made of high quality materials, lovingly manufactured from the plank to the stringing in the northeast of Germany by the beautiful Baltic Sea and shipped all over the world.
- Learn a basic tool to play our instruments with ease and a variety of timbres and to express yourself intuitively.
- Learn to incorporate the elements of nature, create specific moods, stimulate the flow of energy and the emotional body, and hold a meditative space for clients and listeners.
- All of these techniques can be used in a sound massage and group meditation, for sound and voice work, or to support a variety of applications from acupuncture to music therapy.
Please use good speakers or headphones when listening to the videos! The regular, simple speakers in laptops and cell phones are not designed for the low and natural frequencies.