Monolina - Ebony & Ivory
Premium Monochord "Ebony and Ivory" - classy and high quality
The Premium Monochord Ebony and Ivory is a particularly classy instrument, inspired by "Ebony and Ivory", the hit song by Paul McCartney. Ebony and Ivory have long been the materials used for the keys on upright and grand pianos. They also represent the polarized world, the balance of male and female forces as symbolized in the Ying and Yang. Of course we do not use the protected ivory and the rare ebony. The body of this particularly valuable Monolina is made out of wenge and maple. The instrument is a bit heavier due to the wood and therefore even more intense in the sound. The frame, single bridges and the u-stands are made out of wenge. Handles, upper soundboard, as well as lower soundboard, are made out of maple.
The Monolina Premium Set
Shipped as a practical set in one cardboard box:
- Monolina MO-34 with 34 strings
- Practical feeltone transport bag
- Pair of small u-stands out of wenge and handles out of maple, protective mats
- 2 Santoori and 2 felt mallet
- Skype/ZOOM introduction
Features of the Monolina:
- 34 strings: 24 overtone, 5 bass and 5 fifth strings
- Melody section with 5 single bridges and template for minor or major tone
- Wood: frame - wenge, soundboard - maple
- 5 different tunings, D, F, G, A, C
- Size: 72 x 33 x 11 cm
- Weight: 3,0 kg
- Small, light, handy - perfect for travelling
- Accessories: Incl. 5 single bridges, pentatonic major and minor template, tuner, tuning key, replacement strings, linen cover
- Biologically treated with hard wax oil
- Made in Germany
- worldwide courses and training
Monolina D - deepest Monolina with a rich bass and vibration: 24 overtone strings in d, 5 bass strings in D and 5 fifth strings in A
Monolina F - second deepest Monolina for vibration and fullness : 24 overtone strings in f, 5 bass strings in F and 5 fifth strings in c
Monolina G - crystal clear and universal: 24 overtone strings in g, 5 bass strings in G and 5 fifth strings in d
Monolina A - rich in overtones with minor character: 24 overtone strings in a, 5 bass strings in A and 5 fifth strings in e
Monolina C - overtone-rich with major character: 24 overtone strings in c`, 5 bass strings in c and 5 fifth strings in g
more info ...
Blog Topics: How to play, arching, interplay, usage, rhythm
- Learn a basic tool to play lightness and a variety of sound colours on our instruments and to express yourself intuitively.
- Learn to incorporate the elements of nature, create specific moods, stimulate the flow of energy and the emotional body and hold a meditative space for clients and listeners.
- All these techniques can be used in sound massage and group meditation, for sound and voice work or to support a variety of applications from acupuncture to music therapy.
Please use good speakers or headphones when listening to the videos! The normal, simple speakers in laptops and mobile phones are not designed for the low and natural frequencies.